Thursday, January 14, 2010

15 months out






I can't believe my surgery was 15 months ago. There have been a lifetime of changes in those 15 months. Last year at Christmas I was already feeling better about my appearance, now for the first time in a long time, I feel pretty. I walk with confidence, I'm happier, and if you can believe it more outgoing.

I saw an online post that made me think, it was someone talking about friends treating her differently after she had lost weight. I have noticed this too, but I wonder if the change is my weight or if the change is me. It is not the pounds that I have lost that have made me look so different, it is the internal struggles, the inability to deal with negative emotions, and the time I am taking to learn new coping skills. So while you see a thinner body the change is in my eyes, my face, and my smile, the glow you see now wasn't there before, but I hope it never goes away. Of course I have many pictures as usual, I let my five year old niece take these, so I hope you all can appreciate her artistic vision.

1 comment:

  1. That is Soooooooo true that maybe it's not just that others treat you differently but that YOU are different and they are reacting to that.
    We walk with more confidence, there is a spring in our steps.
    We smile more... gall durn it we just FEEL BETTER! whoo hoo you!Ruth
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete