Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mini Wow Moment

There are moments when it hits me that my body is really different. We went out tonight and I had one of these wow moments. I used to have shirts that were perpetually stained in the chest area, I was always spilling food there. Today I sat down in a restaurant and put the napkin on my lap, it actually covered my whole lap. While I was eating I spilled food on my pants. The fact that I'm a klutz who spills her food may not seem like a real wow moment, but it indicates two things; 1. I actually have a lap now, 2. I'm small enough that there is room between me and the table that actually allows food to fall to my lap. So if the stain doesn't come out of the shorts it will be a reminder of how far I've come, and if it does come out, well there will be plenty more opportunities for me to spill food on my lap.

1 comment:

  1. LOL at this, I always had the stain on the top half as well, and now I don't seem to spill food anymore, but I think that is due to not shovelling it in, but taking time and enjoying food now.

    ReplyDelete