Friday, April 17, 2009

You fall down, you get up again

I haven't updated the blog in a while and its because I've been going through a blah period. It feels like I have taken several steps backwards with food. Generally I have been eating about half a cup of food at a meal, but lately at some meals I am able to eat a few bites and then I am full. It is possible there is something anatomically wrong, it is also possible that I've gotten lazy about chewing and need to go back to basics.

Dumping has not generally been an issue for me, but I find myself getting nauseous about once a day on foods that I have eaten many times before without a problem. The only way to really resolve what is going on is to make a trip in to see my surgeon, I will be scheduling one as soon as possible.

As a result of the problems I've been having eating the thought of eating is now making me feel sick. I'm forcing myself to eat but I've been supplementing with protein shakes to keep my calories and protein up. It has been about two months since I last had to rely on them to get my daily required intake.

The good news is I don't have any pain and there are times when I can eat like normal. This may mean that the problem is not physical but a mental aversion to food. Even though I am frustrated I am determined to keep going. I've stumbled but I knew this process would be difficult and I am going to do what I need to to meet this challenge.

I may be turning a corner at this point, today was the first time in a while that I was interested in food, I developed a craving for some curried chicken salad I used to make a lot so I am going to make up a batch tomorrow and see how it goes down.

The good news is I bought some new shorts today, SIZE 16 and I am down 136 pounds. Other than the issues with food I feel great.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your success! 136 is outstanding and something to be very proud of!!!

    ReplyDelete