Friday, February 6, 2009

The Stall is broken and other random musings.

I haven't weighed myself in a few days because I found that my stall is less frustrating if I don't focus on it. This afternoon I weighed myself and I am down 6 pounds, which makes my total weight loss so far 90 lbs.

The other day I was holding my friends baby and after a while my back started to hurt and I though wow she's getting big. Big is all about perspective though, the baby weighed maybe 13 lbs and I realize that I used to carry around 7 times what she weighs in extra weight. I feel the difference every day.

Today I had to go to court to deal with a speeding ticket. Going to the courthouse used to be an ordeal of finding a parking space that was close enough so I could walk to the elevator and then into the courthouse without getting winded. The elevators are notoriously slow and I had to allow plenty of extra time to get to the courthouse so I could catch the elevator. Today I parked far away without even thinking about it, walked into the courtroom and ran up the steps to get to the courtroom. I didn't break a sweat, I wasn't out of breath and I realized that I did it without thinking, I didn't head for the elevator at all, just went straight to the stairs and right on up.

My final thought for the day is that four people today commented on my appearance. They were people who didn't know I had the surgery and who haven't seen me since before I had it. They all looked at me first and said hello, and then I could see them turn back and take a second glance as if they couldn't figure out what was different or didn't feel comfortable commenting on my weight. Two of them told me I looked really good, one said I looked happy and relaxed and another one asked me if I had changed my hair. It feels good to know that even people who aren't expecting me to look different are noticing the changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment