Monday, February 9, 2009

What I'm eating...

It's been a while since I've done one of these posts so I thought I would update..

Fruits--I finally got brave enough to try fruits and I didn't realize how much I missed them until I had them again. I've had pineapple, blueberries, cherries, grapes and banana with no problem. I ate an apple with peanut butter one day and promptly had my first episode of dumping. I'm pretty sure it was related to the peanut butter, but I haven't tried apples again yet.

Proteins--I'm still eating all the basics, yogurt, cheese, chicken, I've also developed an new love of scrambled eggs and eat them 4-6 times a week. I've added a protein shake back into my diet because I felt like I needed to up my protein in order to start losing weight again. So far the only meat I have had problems with is beef. I tried it about a month and a half ago and I will probably try steak again sometime soon, I love steak and I miss being able to have it. Shrimp and scallops are still a staple in my diet.

Vegetables--I've tried a bunch of vegetables and so far so good. Some people find themselves unable to enjoy vegetables after surgery and I am really glad that I seem to have avoided that problems. I've tried carrots, celery, potatoes, parsnips, zucchini, spinach, tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms, yellow squash, green beans and romaine lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment