Monday, December 29, 2008

Dumping Syndrome

"Dumping Syndrome: Whereby stomach contents move too rapidly through the small intestine. Symptoms include nausea, weakness, sweating, faintness, and, occasionally, diarrhea after eating, as well as the inability to eat sweets without becoming so weak and sweaty that the patient may have to lie down until the symptoms pass."

I have thought up until today that I would be one of the lucky ones that did not dump. I was wrong. Tonight I ate 1/4 of an apple with about a Tbs. and a half of peanut butter. I finished and knew immediately something was wrong. My stomach was gurgling I felt nauseous and weak and really tired. PB was on my safe food list and I used the low sugar kind as well, but apparently it did not agree with my body and it will be quite a while before I try that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment