Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pre-Op Prep

After they wheeled me way from my Husband and mom they took me into the pre-op anesthesia prep area. They started an IV there, gave me warm blankets, confirmed what type of surgery I was going to be having. Checked and re-checked my name a few times. Dr. Porteneir came to talk to me and asked if I had any last minute questions. I waited another twenty minutes or so then they gave me Versed and wheeled me to the operating room. I remember getting off the gurney and onto a metal operating table. They strapped in my legs and put compression booties on my feet, they also attached my arms to the table and began putting heart monitors on me. I don't remember anything after that.Apparently there must have been some delay because my surgery did not start until 2:45 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment