Saturday, November 22, 2008

Today is a Better Day

I feel much better today. It might have something to do with the scale telling me that I am down 45lbs and the fact that a shirt I have never been able to wear is now loose on me. I decided I was pushing my diet too quickly, that I need to relax and let my body take the lead. So I'm sticking to the basics and am going to be eating a lot of seafood for the next couple of weeks. I got recipes so that I can make the things I can eat slightly more interesting. I'm working on gathing recipes and will post the ones on here of things I end up liking.

My follow up appointment with my surgeon is on Monday, after that I will be cleared to exercise. Jeff is on the hunt for a Wii fit for me and I am going to do my cardio by walking/jogging on the treadmill.

I'm noticing in many subtle ways how much better I feel:

My back no longer hurts, this started about two days out from surgery and has never continued. I am now happy to go to the mall and walk laps, as a matter of fact I'm actually looking forward to the next time I go.

My knees don't hurt.

I'm cold all the time. Jeff and I have been "arguing" about the thermostat on a daily basis. I used to be hot most of the time, now I walk around in long sleeves, pants, thermal socks, and a fleece bathrobe. I told him I was going to buy some freezy freaky gloves to prove to him it is too cold in this house. (For those of you who do not remember freezy freakies, they are gloves that had hidden designs that would appear, when I was a kid the big thing was to put them in the freezer and see how long it took before the design disappeared.)

No comments:

Post a Comment