Monday, November 10, 2008

Who I would like to thank

I'm not used to accepting help and the reason is that i'm a bit of a control freak, but people have been so helpful after this surgery that I just wanted to thank them.

Jeff has been amazing, he spent hours just sitting in the hospital while I slept in a drug induced haze and woke up every hour or so to ask him for something. He has made emergency trips to target for pain medicine, and soy milk, he's done laundry, all the heavy lifting and the million other things that need to be done to keep the house running. He's dealt with the whining the *very* occassional mood swing and my constant need for attention. I'm wondering if I can drag my recovery out about six months or so.

My mom and Mike have called to check on me every day. My mom spent 10 hours waiting in the hospital for me to be wheeled back to my room, only to find me in a drug induced haze. She brought me some yummy chicken broth which was the only thing that made the first few days tolerable and has picked me up and taken me out to keep me busy and keep my mind off of the million food commercials that seem to be on every channel.

John and Bette (my in laws for those who don't know) drove up and spent two days with me so I didn't have to be alone when Jeff went back to work. They shuttled me around and took me to vote in the pouring rain and basically took care of my every need. It was great to have the company and I was a little nervous to be alone those first few days after surgery. I'm not sure how many it was but Bette did what seemed to be 15 loads of laundry and swept my kitchen floor. Anyone who knows me knows how important the cleanliness of my kitchen floor is (and no this is not a joke, the last time my neices came to visit Autumn was pretending to be me and was swiffering the kitchen floor.)

Amber who has been kind enough to bring the baby to visit and take me shopping. Holding a baby is the best medicine.

My friends Andrea and Monika I have not known them for long but they have been keep me company and keeping me from losing my mind, Andrea has answered millions of questions about my surgery and helped keep me sane. I'm also a wee bit obsessed with her two adorable children, like I said baby medicine is the best medicine.

All my other friends and family who have been calling and checking on me and keeping my spirits up. It has done wonders to know that so many people care and are supporting me through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment